What you will need:
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup Sherry
- 2 cups Half & Half (or Cream for even richer flavor)
- Add entire contents of the package to 4 1/2 cups boiling water. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over low heat or in a microwave. Stir in flour until blended. Set aside.
- After 20 minutes, add half & half, sherry and flour/butter mixture to the soup pot.
- Stir, cover and simmer on low heat (Do Not Boil) an additional 15 minutes to thicken, stirring occasionally. Garnish with fresh parsley (optional).
Ingredients: Enriched long grain white rice, enriched macaroni product, freeze dried US grade #1 mushrooms, dehydrated vegetables (onion, red bell pepper, carrot, celery), salt, sugar, hydrolyzed soy protein, garlic, parsley, spices, oleoresin turmeric, spice extractives,(silicon dioxide added to prevent caking). Allergens: Contains wheat and soy.